1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup bread flour (can use AP if you don’t have bread flour)
3 cups AP flour
2 cups boiling water
2 Tbs baking soda
- Using a stand mixer, mix all ingredients together except the boiling water and baking soda for about 5-10 minutes until dough is smooth and formed.
- Cover the dough with a plastic bag loosely (but tucked under the dough so it doesn’t dry out anywhere) and leave on the counter to rise for approximately 50 minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in size, cut it into about 6 equal portions. Then roll into balls, loosely cover again and let rise for another 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix boiling water and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Roll out each portion into super long strips then make into a pretzel shape (use this video as a guide). Then dip in the baking soda water for 30 seconds, use a slotted spoon to place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this with the other portions of dough. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between pretzels because they will rise and expand in the oven.
- Bake until golden brown for about 6-8 minutes.
- Option to brush with butter, sprinkle with salt, or cinnamon sugar, or garlic and cheese…. have fun!
More of The Latest
Ingredients for the starter: 1/2 cup flour 1/3 cup tepid water pinch of instant dry yeast for the focaccia: 4 cups flour 3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 1 1/2…
Ingredients dressing 1 egg yolk, room temperature 2 anchovy filets, minced 1 Tbs dijon mustard ½ tsp kosher salt ½ tsp black pepper 1 small garlic clove, minced 3 Tbs…
Ingredients batter for the crepes: 5 large eggs 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 cup milk (preferably whole) 3/4 cup all-purpose flour unsalted butter for frying for the filling: 1-1/2lb…