1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup bread flour (can use AP if you don’t have bread flour)
3 cups AP flour
2 cups boiling water
2 Tbs baking soda
- Using a stand mixer, mix all ingredients together except the boiling water and baking soda for about 5-10 minutes until dough is smooth and formed.
- Cover the dough with a plastic bag loosely (but tucked under the dough so it doesn’t dry out anywhere) and leave on the counter to rise for approximately 50 minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in size, cut it into about 6 equal portions. Then roll into balls, loosely cover again and let rise for another 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix boiling water and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Roll out each portion into super long strips then make into a pretzel shape (use this video as a guide). Then dip in the baking soda water for 30 seconds, use a slotted spoon to place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this with the other portions of dough. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between pretzels because they will rise and expand in the oven.
- Bake until golden brown for about 6-8 minutes.
- Option to brush with butter, sprinkle with salt, or cinnamon sugar, or garlic and cheese…. have fun!
More of The Latest
Ingredients batter for the crepes: 5 large eggs 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 cup milk (preferably whole) 3/4 cup all-purpose flour unsalted butter for frying for the filling: 1-1/2lb…
Find something great to eat at home, and support Toronto restaurants while you’re at it. As you know, Toronto restaurants and bars are temporarily closed for dine-in service due to…
Join TorEats in helping the Toronto restaurant industry during the coronavirus pandemic. Now more than ever, we need to come together to uplift the industry, and demonstrate support for the…