1 whole head white cauliflower (green leaves discarded)
for the skhoug:
1 birds-eye chili
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch parsley
2 teaspoons kosher salt
50 grams ice (a couple of cubes)
2 tablespoons good olive oil
for the tahina:
2/3 cup tahina
1 teaspoon garlic purée
2 tablespoons lemon juice
10 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon good olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
halloumi, to taste
pomegranate seeds, to taste
toasted pine nuts, to taste
- First, make the skhoug. Wash and dry all of your herbs thoroughly. Chop up and use stems, roots and all!!!
- Add ice, chili, garlic, and salt to a blender. Puree. Add your herbs and olive oil and puree. Make sure it tastes like good stuff.
- Next, make the tahina by adding the tahina, salt, and garlic purée to the food processor.
- Slowly drizzle in the lemon juice and water. Slowly add the olive oil last until incorporated.
- Finally, prepare the cauliflower. Drop a whole head of cauliflower into boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the cauliflower and put on a baking sheet. Cut open cauliflower into quarters to expose the inside a bit.
- Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast at 425° F for 20-30 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through.
- Once nicely roasted, top with skhoug, tahina, halloumi, pomegranate seeds, and toasted pine nuts.